- Designed to introduce elementary school students to the fascinating world of microscopy and the life sciences
- Fully rotatable monocular head for easy shared use, perfect for laboratories and one-on-one instruction
- All-glass optical system offers available magnification settings of 40X, 100X, 250X, 400X, and 1000X
- Versatile dual illumination for viewing clear specimens and magnified details of solid objects
- Coarse and fine focusing gives more control over making precision adjustments
Designed to delight young scientists, the Swift SW100 offers an array of user-friendly features that produce crisp images of specimen slides. With all the characteristic components of a standard compound microscope, the SW100 is an excellent, affordable, and easy-to-use introduction to microscopy for elementary school-aged learners.
Teach children about compound magnification with the swappable wide-field 10X and 25X eyepieces, which combine with the 4X, 10X, and 40X all-glass objective lenses to offer magnification from 40X all the way up to 1000X.
The fine focusing knob stacked on top of the coarse focusing knob gives learners more control over making adjustments to image clarity. Light is provided two ways. An LED bulb transmits light up from below the plain stage for transparent specimens, while the built-in light on the metal arm illuminates from above, allowing you to use the SW100 in a low-magnification capacity for examining the surfaces of small, solid objects like leaves, flowers, or coins.
The SW100 comes with a power adapter as well as 3 AA batteries. The cordless option pairs perfectly with the metal carrying handle (sized to fit smaller hands) so that kids can conduct experiments on the go. A wide, sturdy base adds stability to prevent the microscope from being knocked over.
What can you see with it? Magnify both transparent slide specimens and solid, opaque objects with the SW100's versatile dual illumination system. Look at paramecia in puddle water, an onion skin cross-section, human hair, leaves, and more!